JADAM Wetting Agent (JWA) is a pure soapy liquid or surfactant that’s used along side pure pesticides. It lowers the floor rigidity of the pesticide which ends up in elevated spreading and penetrating talents. In different phrases, JWA considerably will increase the success of pesticides. JWA features as each a wetting agent and insecticide.
You possibly can go to JADAM’s website and be taught the methods immediately from the professionals. This recipe might be discovered within the e book, JADAM Organic Pest and Disease Control. I extremely advocate this e book to anybody who’s attempting to develop a sustainable, natural backyard on a finances.
On this publish, we are going to show how we made the 10-liter batch of JWA utilizing the instructions on web page 41 of JADAM Organic Pest and Disease Control by Youngsang Cho. You possibly can watch the video beneath.
JWA is only when used together with JADAM Sulfur (JS). You possibly can discover ways to make it in our publish, How to Make a 10-Liter Batch of JADAM Sulfur Solution (JS). You possibly can watch the video of constructing JS beneath.
How a lot does it value to make JWA?
The great thing about JWA is that it may be safely made at house for about one greenback a quart. It may also be used as a liquid hand cleaning soap or dish detergent.
How a lot JWA do I would like for my backyard?
1 / 4-acre backyard will use about 100 liters of JWA yearly. We blended up a 10-liter batch and anticipate that this ought to be sufficient for our yard backyard for a 12 months or two. We are going to replace you in a 12 months or so.
Will JWA hurt or harm bees?
It’s secure to make use of JWA with out inflicting hurt to bees. JADAM experiences the harm to bees as “virtually none.”
What’s the shelf-life of JWA and the way ought to or not it’s saved for greatest outcomes?
JWA pure wetting agent is shelf-stable and doesn’t have an expiration date. JWA will darken over time and the performance will really enhance. JWA ought to be saved above 23 levels F or -5 levels C.
What dilution price ought to I exploit with JWA?
JWA might be diluted 30 to 100 instances and might be utilized to the complete plant. Pests don’t construct up a tolerance to JWA as with different pesticides.
Ingredient Checklist to Make 10-Liters of JADAM Wetting Resolution
- 0.25 liters or 1 cup of soppy water, rainwater, or distilled water. DO NOT use faucet water.
- 0.32 kg or 0.71 kilos of potassium hydroxide (90%) (KOH) often known as caustic potash.
- 1.8 liters or 0.48 gallons of canola oil. See web page 41 of JADAM Organi Pest and Disease Control for ideas for utilizing different oils.
- 0.25 liters or 1 cup of soppy water
- 8 liters or 2.11 gallons of soppy water
Step-By-Step Directions to Make 10 Liters of JADAM Wetting Resolution or Pure Wetting Agent
- Put on private protecting tools together with eye safety and gloves.
- Begin with a clear, heat-resistant container in a heat place. We used a 5-gallon plastic bucket with a lid. The preliminary chemical response produces fairly a bit of warmth.
- Pour 0.25 liters or 1 cup of soppy water, rainwater, or distilled water into the bucket. The standard of the water is essential so don’t use common faucet water.
- Add 0.32 kg or 0.71 kilos of potassium hydroxide (90%) (KOH) to the water within the bucket. Place the lid on high and swirl the contents of the bucket for a minute to dissolve the potassium hydroxide.
- Add 1.8 liters or 0.48 gallons of canola oil to the combination.
- Stir the combination with an electrical drill that has a paint or mud mixer attachment for roughly 10-Quarter-hour. The combination ought to thicken barely to the feel of a runny pudding.
- Place the lid on the bucket and set it apart for 3 days in a heat location. The aged combination ought to harden like mushy butter. If not, combine with an electrical drill till it’s thick like mayonnaise.
- Add 0.25 liters or 1 cup of soppy water to the thickened combine and stir with the electrical drill to make it into small chunks and maintain it from sticking to the underside of the bucket. DO NOT over stir or it should type a cream-like combination.
- Add 8 liters or 2.11 gallons of soppy water and stir with a protracted stick.
- Stir till the entire chunks are dissolved. You might wish to stir intermittently for just a few hours. We completed dissolving the cleaning soap into the water utilizing a stainless steel immersion blender. It produced loads of bubbles which we needed to let settle out. Ultimately, the ultimate product was a barely thickened golden liquid cleaning soap.
- Package deal the liquid cleaning soap in clear liquid-tight containers. JWA is shelf-stable and ought to be saved above 23 levels F or -5 levels C.
Natural Low-Value Yard Meals Manufacturing
Taking management of our meals provide is extra essential than ever earlier than. Rising a backyard in your personal yard could make all of the distinction in your meals safety. We invite you to affix us on our journey as we develop our victory backyard in order that no matter what occurs to the world’s meals provide, we will feed our household from our very personal yard.
Thanks for being a part of the answer!
Jonathan and Kylene Jones