In search of a low-cost natural insecticide and germicide in your backyard? JADAM Sulfur (JS) is the reply to retaining your backyard free from pests and illness whereas really rising the general well being of your vegetation. Along with controlling bugs, JS is an efficient device towards most pathogens, together with anthracnose.
Bugs don’t develop a tolerance to JS even with repeated purposes. JS needs to be utilized in mixture with JADAM Wetting Agent (JWA) for the best success. Sound too good to be true? That is severely an unbelievable pesticide that you may make at house for lower than chances are you’ll think about.
You’ll be able to go to JADAM’s website and be taught the methods straight from the professionals. This recipe will be discovered within the e book, JADAM Organic Pest and Disease Control. I extremely suggest this e book to anybody who’s making an attempt to develop a sustainable, natural backyard on a price range.
On this publish, we show how you can make a 10-liter batch of JADAM Sulfur utilizing the instructions on page 46 of JADAM Organic Pest and Disease Control by Youngsang Cho. Take a look at the video beneath.
JADAM Sulfur will be made for as little as one greenback for a quart. It needs to be used together with JADAM Wetting Resolution which additionally will be made for about one greenback a quart.
1 / 4-acre backyard will use about 20 liters yearly. We blended up a 10-liter batch that needs to be sufficient to care for our wants for a few years. There isn’t any downside with creating bigger batches to have readily available as a result of it’s going to just about keep good eternally if saved correctly.
JADAM recommends a dilution price of lower than 500 to forestall hurt to bees.
JADAM Sulfur answer is shelf-stable and doesn’t have an expiration date. It needs to be saved above 23 levels F or -5 levels C.
JADAM recommends a dilution price of 100 to 1000 when utilizing JS. For crops which are delicate to JS equivalent to grapes, cherries, persimmons, and greenhouse crops a dilution price of 1000 needs to be used. At all times conduct a take a look at for focus injury on a small space earlier than utilizing JS for the primary time. Extra suggestions will be discovered on web page 47 of JADAM Organ Pest and Disease Control.
- 2.5 kg or 2.76 kilos of sulfur (99% pure).
- 2 kg or 4.41 kilos of sodium hydroxide (NaOH)
- 0.05 kg or 0.11 kilos of phyllite or Azomite (non-obligatory)
- 0.05 kg or 0.11 kilos loess (non-obligatory)
- 250 g or 0.33 kilos of sea salt
- 5 liters of water (preliminary quantity)
- 3.2 L or 0.85 gallons of water (added water)
- Put on private protecting gear together with lengthy rubber gloves, eye safety, and protecting clothes and footwear. These are harmful chemical substances and you should take precautions. In our video, we used security glasses however we should always have worn goggles.
- Begin with a clear, heat-resistant container. We used a big 20-liter chrome steel pot. The chemical response produces numerous warmth and the container should have the ability to face up to boiling. Additionally, you will want a protracted picket follow stir the combination.
- It’s a good suggestion to have a non-contact infrared thermometer gun handy to observe the temperature of the answer when you are melting the sulfur.
- Essential: add substances within the order listed.
- Pour 2.5 kg or 2.76 kilos of 99 percent pure sulfur into the pot.
- Add 0.05 kg or 0.11 kilos of phyllite or Azomite, if utilizing.
- Add 0.05 kg or 0.11 kilos loess, if utilizing.
- Add 250 g or 0.33 kilos of sea salt.
- Add 2 kg or 4.41 kilos of sodium hydroxide (NaOH)
- Add 5 liters of water all of sudden and stir with a picket stick ensuring to combine the sulfur on the underside of the pot. Proceed stirring all through the method.
- Monitor the temperature of the combination. If it exceeds 80 levels C, add 1 to 2 liters of water to forestall the answer from boiling excessive of the pot and overflowing.
- Proceed to stir till the entire sulfur is totally melted. This course of ought to take about 20 minutes.
- Add the remaining 3.2 L or 0.85 gallons of water and stir.
- Cowl the container and permit the combination to accept a day or two.
- Filter the combination to pressure out the sediment.
- Bundle JADAM sulfur answer in liquid-tight containers. JS is shelf-stable and needs to be saved above 23 levels F or -5 levels C. It has an indefinite shelf-life.
It’s extra essential now than ever to take management of our meals safety and produce no matter we will in our personal backyards. We invite you to hitch us on our journey as we discover ways to efficiently develop natural produce at house. JADAM has shared some helpful methods that may assist sort out most of the issues confronted by the house gardener for a fraction of the associated fee with a better success price.
Thanks for being a part of the answer!
Jonathan and Kylene Jones